Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital 17mm f/1.8 Lens
This lens features Movie and Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus with an inner focus system, which provides fast focusing for stills work and runs smooth and quiet, important when shooting video. The lens barrel has a ‘Snapshot’ ring which pulls back for manual focus control. Distance and depth-of-field scales for manual control are easily viewable on the lens barrel when the Snapshot ring is pulled back. Three aspherical elements, including a Dual Super Aspherical element to correct aberrations, as well as a High Refractive index element to correct high spherical aberrations, provide quality imaging and ZERO (ZUIKO Extra-low Reflection Optical Coating) lens coatings are applied to the elements to reduce lens flare and ghost images.
- – Fast f/1.8 maximum aperture for sharp low light imaging and shallow depth of field
- – Snapshot ring on lens barrel for manual control of focus
- – Movie & Stills Compatible (MSC) Autofocus provides a fast AF motor that runs smoothly and quietly, which is important when shooting video.
- – Three aspherical elements including a Dual Super Aspherical element reduce aberrations and provide sharp images
- – ZERO (ZUIKO Extra-low Reflection Optical Coating) lens coatings are applied to the lens elements to reduce flare and ghost images even with a back-lit subject.
- – Equivalent to 34mm in the 35mm format
- – Minimum focusing distance is 9.8″ (25 cm)